Poor starting

I had a problem started a warm engine.  Sometimes would not start.
Waited 1/2 hour and then started or after I turned the engine over for
1/2 minute.

BMW agent twice found nothing wrong.  Couldn't start again parked
outside an independent garage (coincidence)!  The mechanic said it was
the distributor cap, showed me that it and the arm were badly corroded,
changed them and it's been fine since.  The parts had done 120,000
miles.

Just another thing to check.

Barrie K. Davis

- --