Re: E28--Broken Glove-box latch

Allan, I had this happen in our 85 318i. Our mechanic encouraged me to take
it on myself and I did, with good results.

Basically the procedure is fairly simple and barbarian: you get a big
screwdriver and you work it into the keyhole and gradually tear the sucker
out of there. Be gentle however, or you can crack the fiberglass the latch
screws into. If you do, a little epoxy glue will set things right again.
Replacement locksets are available of course at your usual outlets and are
intuitive to replace.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Bruce Rehm