heater fan woes on '73 2002

Ok everybody my fan does not work.  Are there any relays or fuses  that
would stop it from turning.  I checked the main fuse under the hood and it
was not broken.  I pulled the connector from the back of the fan switch and
I have two leads that are hot.  I removed the center console  and where the
wires go into the heater box  I also had two that were hot.  What am I
missing?  On top of the fan under the cowl I put a test light to both of the
wires and got nothing.  I even tried to hot wire it from  the battery with a
couple of leads and still nothing.  Maybe I was doing it wrong.  I know how
this things can be a pain and if I have to I will remove it.  I just don't
want to if not necessary.  I would understand if the fan at least spun and
howled or needed some kind of bearing but I just don't want to jump to any
conclusions.  Any help will be great help in this matter.  Thanx, ben