1990 535i Door Lock In-operative

Fellow Digester's:

Need some assistance in trouble shooting, a problem with my door locks.

When I insert the key into the keyhole on the drivers door and try to unlock
the door,,it won't.  I can turn the key clockwise and lock all the doors,
trunk and gas filler door, but turning the key counter clockwise will not
unlock neither the drivers door and or any of the other doors, trunk or gas
filler door.

Can it be a possible connection inside the door, or worse yet an
actuator,,that has given up, and will only now allow me to lock the car from
the drivers side ?

I can unlock, and lock  the car from the passenger side door.

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Dan

1990 535i

Can you please respond privately and on the digest, as I do not get a chance
to read all the posts on the digest, frequently......