E36 M3 HVAC whistle?

Hi,

I have a '95 E36 M3 w/ 58K that has a whistle coming from the fan while the
air or heat is on? It doesn't do it all the time, but is quite annoying
when it starts. Any ideas on the fix?

BTW, I also cannot turn my directional air flow knob to full windshield
mode. It hangs at about half way up. I've pulled the radio out trying to
see if a cable or something is binding, but I can't see anything. Any ideas?

Sometimes at a red light w/ the clutch fully depressed I'll grind first
gear when trying to shift back into first. Feels like the clutch hasn't
been depressed at all. I always put the car in neutral clutch out when
stopped so this happens infrequently. Is my clutch getting ready to let go
or do I have a syncro problem?

TIA

Evan