Tire Help for 87 L7 with 220/55/r390

Help!  I sold my boss an 86 L7 that I bought cheap from a charity a few
months ago.  One of the tires failed and he is having trouble finding
replacements at a reasonable cost here in Hawaii.  He asked me if I knew
about the "special" tires made for only that year.  He is looking for a
cheap solution and not concerned about an exact replacement.  He will take
anything that will fit on the rims and ride safely.  Any suggestions?

I have an 87 L6 with TRX tires that will also need to be replaced soon.  I
have noticed that many listers have gone with new rims.  Mine is a daily
driver and not a show car.  What is an economical solution for TRX equipped
cars?

Scott Bly
C.H. Guernsey & Company
841 Bishop Street, Suite 480