rear shocks e36 94

Hi all... First of all, let me wish you fellow digesters a very happy and
safe holliday...
I raised my wife last night to take out the bent wheel to send for
repairs... then, i noticed my rear shock has some sort of plastic cover and
like a rubber boot at the top holding this cylindrical cover up... i pulled
down on it gently and the thing just ripped off... i imagine that this is
just some sort of dust cover... my shocks are working properly, so far...
i wonder, would i have to replace the shocks...? blinsteins?

thanks

Nico
E36 94

End of bmw-digest V9 #1675