E30 speedometer problem diagnosis

Hello...

Regarding the speedometer problem that i wrote to
the digest about an hour or so ago:

A quick reply led me to the speed sensor (because my
obc isnt functioning right either), and when i called
my dealer for price and availability i found out some-
thing i didnt suspect; the sensor in my 5 series is
the same part # as the 3 thats giving me problems.
a simple swap should indicate if the sensor is bad.

just writing this so no one wastes their time in
replying to something that i should have thought of!

thank you,
kurt.
http://shopping.yahoo.com/