Radio Problems

I had a Blaupunkt installed (not by me) in my 86 735i about a year ago, and ever since then, there has been almost no volume on the right rear speaker.  I know it is not the speaker that is the problem, for I physically switched the speaker from the right to the left.  Didnt fix anything, so its not the speaker, right?  I figure it must be the wiring or the factory amp.  What I was wondering was if there was a way to check the amp to see if there is any current coming out of it, or if theres any going to it.  Does anyone have a diagram of the wiring harness that will tell me which wires control which speakers?  Would it be allright for me to run the speakers directly to the head unit with no harm being done to the speakers.  They are original and the head unit has 42X4 watts.  Also, the fader switch on the dash might be the cause, how would I go about checking that?  My old radio worked all four speakers just fine, I have no dea what they did to my baby.
Kevin
86 735i