Great BMW scene in "Finding Forrester" explaining origen of the roundel <wob>

At 11:01 AM 12/17/00 -0800, Jim Bassett talked about:
>basketball - yet Jamal ends up showing him up by explaining the history of
>how BMW got it's start with rocket engines, and how they then decided to try
>to build cars.  I found it very informative - definitely the best scene in
>the movie for any BMW lover like me.

Except that BMW got their start building *airplane* engines long before the
invention of the rocket (the Roundel is modeled after a moving airplane
propeller). And they built motorcycles before they built cars, I believe.

I'm sure it was a good movie, but it sounds totally inaccurate as to the
beginnings of BMW.

Cheers,
Jim Bassett
1998 M3/4