Stranded BMW No more

Thanks to Richard and the rest who tried to help me with this one,
All is good, I used a pencil torch to super-heat the key (Which I held with
insulated pliers)... you could hear the snow vaporize as I put the key in
the cylinder.  As soon as the key was cool enough to touch I gave it a try,
and the lock opened like it was a shiny summer day.  But getting home in
the snowstorm... that's whole other story.  I did make it, but not without
some high adventure.  (all associated parties were fine and the 3'er is
undented :)

Thanks for the help
Robert Phelan