CD Changer Question

I bought a CD Changer for my 1997 328i. I installed it without a hitch;
however while I am getting a signal to my deck (i.e. it shows CD Check, CD
1-01, 2-01, etc.), I am getting no sound at all. There is something in the
installation guide about a 17 pin Radio connector but it doesn't really say
where this is located so I wasn't able to check that. Also since I don't have
the original radio manual, is there a possibility that I am operating the
device incorrectly? I mean, is there supposed to be a "Play" button?

If anyone can answer any of these questions I would be grateful. Please e-mail
me directly if possible.

William Fleitz

wfleitz@domain.elided

wfleitz@domain.elided