E-30 oil change?

Hello folks,
Can anyone confirm or deny that the service indicator lights for the oil
change schedule take into account the outside temperature?  I've put at least
4500 miles on my car since the last oil change and I still have three green
lights (granted about 3800 of those miles were thanksgiving weekend in a mad
dash from TX to NJ and back, but the rest have been driving the hell out of
it delivering pizza).  My OBC has been saying it's -20 deg F outside due to a
missing or damaged temp sensor that I haven't fixed yet.  I did drive about
600 pizza miles after the oil change before I figured out how to reset the SI
lights, thanks to the digest archives.
So when should I change my oil?

Secondly, and sorry for what is probably the most commonly asked question on
the digest. . .what is the best bang for the buck when it comes to less dusty
pads for an 89 325i?  I just cleaned my wheels for the first time and am
rather impressed with my fancy "new" rims, but don't care to do it again
every 3 days.

Lastly, I saw a nice 2002 driving down west Villa Maria in Bryan TX the other
day.  We exchanged a wave after I flashed the lights at him.  Just wondering
if he's on the digest.  Either way, nice ride!
Thanks for the help,
Jake Hahn