RE: 93 e30 cabriolet on eBay

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Phil Marx wrote:

> Alex, and all,
>
> My best recollection is that the later E30 convertibles (and they don't get
> any later than '93) had what is euphemistically referred to as a "full-use"
> spare. Meaning same tire as the four on the ground but the steel wheel.
> This change came even to the E36s without sport package about that same
> time. But the road wheels are definitely from an earlier 325i or 318i as
> they should be cross-spoke style as standard. Chrome was definitely not
> factory and usually, thankfully, restricted to California or Texas, though
> bad taste seems to spread with .com money cross-country.
>
> - -Phil
>

> At 1:17 PM -0500 12/11/00, Fadeev, Alex wrote:
> >Didn't E30 iC's come with five cross-spoke 14x6.5 BBS style wheels? Thus the
> >round hole spare wheel pictured is also incorrect.

 Yeh, I have the same model, and it did come with 14x6.5 BBS
cross-spoke wheels.  It also came with that steel spare.  I figured
the alloy was stolen by a dealer somewhere along the line.  Good to
see that it apparently never had one!
 ..looks like that car also has chrome exhaust tips!  woo!  Needs a
new back window though.  Mine is still transparent.  nyahh!

- --
  John Bolhuis  | "After 5:00 PM,
 bolhuijo       |   Slip brains through slot in door."
  @domain.elided |