Air Vents or Bonnet Scoops?

Hi All,

I recently put in a supercharger and a intercooler in my car.
Unfortunately the supercharger produces a lot of heat under the bonnet
and it heat soaks the outlet pipe where the cold air enters the engine.
I'd like insulate the pipe, but I'd also like to reduce the heat from
the supercharger too.

I spoke to my mechanic about putting in air vents or bonnet scopes and
he said it was a tricky subject, as the engineers have designed the air
flow to work in a specific way for the car. He commented that putting in
air vents or scopes may improve or disrupt the air flow patterns to cool
the overall tempreatures of the engine (top and bottom).

I'm not too sure what to do and I would like to ask for your advice from
the BMW community. Any thoughts and ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron Leung
93 E36 (240bhp) 318 Supercharged
Sydney, Australia