Just a warning....Hood Pins!

Hello,
       Well, after a bad experience this past week, I would just like to
inform you all about the importance of checking if hood pins are in on cars
that have them. This past Wednesday, I had the opportunity to drive a factory
E36 M3 Lightweight that had been converted to a race car. It is quite the
car. Very quick! Here's the story. The driver of the car works for my uncle's
BMW shop, and he was pulling the car in and asked if I'd like to try it out.
So, we let the car warm up and then pull out onto the street. He said it was
fine to drive, didn't have to worry about anything. We go down the street and
didn't really get on it too much, we turn around at the end of the court and
stop and then I go again, this time with a little more gas. I got on it in
2nd gear, then went to get 3rd when all of the sudden there was a "boom" and
I couldn't see out of the windshield. The hood had come up. We pull over
immediately and see what had happened. The hood was bent over the roof and
the windshield had started to crack. We put the hood down and slowly pull
back into the shop to assess any other damages. Luckily nothing else had
broken or was damaged. But this all happened because we had forgotten to
check if the hood pins were in. So, if you ever have the opportunity to drive
a race car, just be sure to check if the hood pins are in so this doesn't
happen to you too!
       But, we are looking for an e36 hood if anyone knows of one that isn't
damaged or can be repaired to normal. (we already found a windshield) The
hood had been lightened by removing all the braces, so its bent up pretty
much beyond repair. If anyone knows of such a hood, please email me. Thanks!
Thanks for listening and hope I can help this from happening to one of you
too!
Justin