Spark Plugs

This talk of platinum vs. regular plugs got me to thinking....Last year I
decided it was time to replace the original plugs in my '95 540i, as it then
had around 50k on the clock.  It wasn't running badly, I just put this in
the category of "preventive maintenance".  So I went to the local parts
store for some Bosch plugs in the proper heat range.  "Nope, we don't carry
Bosch, but we have NGK's."  Well, after a search of all parts stores in my
town I found NO Bosch, so I went with the NGK's.  I went home and pulled the
plugs out of my engine and lo and behold!  They were NGK's!  I thought
everything on this Bimmer would be Bosch, but I was wrong-o.  I've been
running the NGK's ever since with no problems.

I didn't go for the Platinum or the Plus 4's that are advertised, as I've
heard the Plus 4's and platinum's give bad results if the car wasn't
designed for them.

Just my .02

Bill-banger