E34 525i M20 Clunking sound/front end shimmy

Recently I posted on the digest that my E34 525i was experiencing a clunking
sound from the front suspension.
Since then I have replaced the sway bar (anti-roll bar) drop down linkages
but still there is a slight clunking sound coming
from the front suspension when I go over slightly uneven surfaces. Any idea
what else could be causing this?.

Also I notice that when I go above 120km/h or approx 60 - 70 miles, the car
vibrates quite badly. I had a quick look
under the car checking the upper arm and lower arm but everything seems to
be ok. I also changed the bushings to
the E32 (7 series) bushings as suggested by the digest but I still get this
front end shimmy at high speeds. Any one
had this problem before and what are the things I should check?.

Any opinions/suggestion appreciated.

Eugene
E34 525i M20