E30 electronic lock repair/replace

Hello All,

I recently had a vandal break one of the electronic door locking
mechanisms in my '87 325iC (trying to open the door after slitting open
the convertible top; all three locks function internally, but the key
doesn't work on the passenger side).

Rather than spend the bucks on original BMW parts, I'm thinking about
converting the two door locks and trunk lock over to one of the newer
keyless entry/security system locks.

Can anyone give me some pointers on the right road to go? I've looked at
the Stellar products, as well as a couple others listed in Bav Auto and
Crutchfield, and it looks like $200 - $300 or so buys cylinders, an
alarm, keyless entry and one or two other niceties.

What am I missing?

Drew