Could it be the center bearing?

Hi All,

    A couple of weeks ago I was on a mission to resolve a problem which I
thought was strictly a wheel bearing problem.  Well, after replacing both
front wheel bearings and putting on a new set of rotors while I was at it, I
still have the noise.  I did find the right front bearing to be bad, but
obviously it was not the main culprit.  I'm stymied though, because things are
just not adding up.  First, when I thought it was the wheel bearing I
suspected the left one to be bad because the noise disappeared when I made a
right turn.  As it turned out I found the right one to be bad.  Now that both
wheel bearings are replaced the same thing occurs.  The noise disapates and
almost goes away on a right bending road.  Is it possible that the drive shaft
center bearing can be affected by turns as well?  The other thing that is
making me suspect the center bearing, is that it starts to show up about
30mph.  The noise is definitely in sync with wheel and drive shaft rotation
and not engine or transmission.

   It it is the center bearing.  I noticed in the manual that for removing the
drive shafts one of the pictures depicts the removal of a 'threaded shaft nut"
or something to that affect.  It looks as if a special tool might be required
for this step.  Can anyone confirm this.  And if so, is it possible to use a
common tool or tools to do the same job?

  BTW, this is relating to a '92 325is.

Thanks,
Gary