320 Vin Number

Dear List:

I'm new to your list.  Thank you for having me.

I'm hoping someone out there can give me some help.  I'm interested in
buying a 1992 320.  I live in Moscow, Russia, and the car was just recently
imported there from Germany.  The car's VIN number is WBACB110XOFC14907.

I am having trouble deciphering this VIN number.  The 9th digit is supposed
to be the check digit.  I don't understand what "X' means here.  Also, the
10th digit should be an "N" for a 1992 model.  What does "O" in this
position mean?

I would be greatly grateful if anyone could provide me some insight into the
meaning of this perplexing VIN.

                Regards,

                Steve