e34 mods

Lance,

Bilstein HDs are tighter than stock without being too tight.  I believe new
springs would be well advised after 11 years, the elasticity of yours are
probably pretty well gone.  I believe that Bilstein recommends sport springs
for use with their HD shocks. Don't go with "short" or cut springs,
though--RD, BAV, etc, with have springs that are tauter, but the same size.
I've been running RD springs & sways along with Bilstein HDs on my 89 535 for
five years, and although the car is far more sensitive to the road than my
stock 93 525, it's a LOT more fun to drive.  I don't think the sport setup is
a problem for long trips at all.

Good luck,
Blake
89 535