The e30 Radio Search

I've burned a lot of hours this week looking for the right aftermarket CD
receiver for my '89 325iX.  I need some leads.

I bought a Kenwood which I thought was perfect because you can switch the
display to red from green to match the interior lights.  But, after reading
the installation instructions, I'm having second thoughts.  The Kenwood
installs by slipping a metal sleeve into the dash and securing it by bending
metal tabs.  Then, the receiver unit slides into the sleeve and is held in
by two metal tabs in the sleeve that "snap" into place.  The problem?  It
doesn't look easily reversible.  It looks to me like I'd have to take the
dash apart to get the unit out.

Now I'm thinking Blaupunkt, specifically the Malibu C50.  It matches the
interior nicely.  But, how does it install?  Anyone try one?

Are there any aftermarket units that install in a similar fashion as the
stock unit - ie. with securing latches that are accessed from the front of
the unit?

Finally, does anyone know a source for wiring harnesses specific to the BMW
e30 6-speaker system?  No one in the city has one.