Re: Roundel placement on a '67 1600-2

Brian,

In a message dated 11/15/00 8:20:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< After searching through every book I have with a photo of a 1600-2, I still
 have been unable to determine where the rear roundel should be.  The car's
 original roundel was removed for some reason and off the car when I bought
 it.  The 1600 badge is in the rear, right-hand corner between the aluminum
 trim and the trunklid.  I can't find any holes that the roundel should
 mount in; apparently they have been filled.  Sorry to bombard the list with
 such a stupid question, though I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

 Thanks in advance, >>

I'd look in lots of photos from dealer sales literature and other
pics....maybe pics of cars in the Roundel, etc. where you can see the rear
side of the car.  Also, maybe another knid sole with a similar car will make
you a template from paper to overlay on your panel so you can match the
mounting holes.  Your rear panel has obviously been replaced. If the holes
were filled in, you could still find them from the insied of the boot
(trunk).  Also, I believe there are BMW books otu there with dimensions for
mounting emblems, etc. on the body skin.

Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA#76646
'88 M5