Roundel placement on a '67 1600-2

After searching through every book I have with a photo of a 1600-2, I still
have been unable to determine where the rear roundel should be.  The car's
original roundel was removed for some reason and off the car when I bought
it.  The 1600 badge is in the rear, right-hand corner between the aluminum
trim and the trunklid.  I can't find any holes that the roundel should
mount in; apparently they have been filled.  Sorry to bombard the list with
such a stupid question, though I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
1967 1600-2
1996 318ti