RE: E-30 radio removal

JHahn22@domain.elided [mailto:JHahn22@domain.elided] wrote:

> As long as were on the subject, did 89 e-30's come with a cd
> changer in the trunk or a factory amp?

Yes there was.
It did not come standard, but E30 radios with an infra-red slider and a can
control Alpine 6/12 CD changers. The latter are now NLA from BMW but can
still be bought second hand for some ungodly sum of money cloth to $1K
(roughly the same as they were priced from the dealer way back when).
Not really worth it, since for that amount of money you can install a brand
new high-end stereo system with a CD changer.

> I have a mounting bracket in my trunk, the speakers that were
> described by someone on ebay as "premium sound package" speakers,
> and saw an amp for sale on ebay with the same description.

E30 premium stereo comes with tall rear shelf speakers, an amp (driver side
of the trunk under the carpeting) and side view mirror tweeters.
Totally unrelated to the E30 Alpine CD changer presence or lack thereof.

alex f