RE: E-30 radio removal

JHahn22@domain.elided [mailto:JHahn22@domain.elided] wrote:

> Hopefully you haven't gone out and spent too much on some
> ripoff "specialty tool".  All it is is an ity bity allen
> wrench.  My nice $20 ball end craftsman set had the right
> one, and about 10 others that are more frequently used.

Jake,
The radio removal tools is NOT an allen wrench, although a 3 or 3.5mm one
will almost fit and frequently work if the radio bolts were lightly
tightened.
The BMW tool has 5 sides (instead of 6).
FYI: Richard Marx (Z3Richard@domain.elided) used to sell hand made radio removal
tools for something like $3-5. I don't know if he is still doing it, but
drop him a line if you are interested.

alex f