Re: Brake light message

That was very helpful. As a matter of fact that's exactly what my problem
was. I took a flashlight and looked in the socket and found a burnt section
on the plastic part of the brake light assy where the metal strip is
supposed to make contact with the bulb housing. This caused the contact to
not line up properly with the contacts on the bulb housing. I pried the
contacts out a little bit paying close attention not to break it (they are
very easy to break if you bend it too much). Put the bulb in it's housing
back in the brake light assy and it worked like a charm. Don't know if I'm
going to have to replace the whole brake light assy in the future but this
seems to be a good fix.

Does anyone know what causes the plastic to burn like that in that
particular location? does the bulb (looks more like the metal conatcts that
did it) get that hot to melt the plastic?

Once again thanks to all for their helpful advice, hope this helps anyone
else who is having the same problem.

Paul
BMWCCA 186412