Re: M1 Market Value

Hi Henry,

In a message dated 11/7/00 1:23:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I have a friend with a factory restored 1981 BMW M1 that he simply never
drives.  So, he's thinking of selling it to get something he won't be so
paranoid about.  Problem is, they are so rare and change hands so
infrequently, he has no idea of the current market value.Does anyone know
 of any recent sales that would give him a good gauge on the price he should
 be asking? >>

Sure, no problem...they run about $2,000...$3,000 tops....what's your friends
phone number...I'm VERY INTERESTED!!!!

Seriously, and others will probably chime in with some good info, but alot
obviously depends on the mileage and condition......I've seen em go for as
low as $50k all the way to high $100k's....but I'd "guess" he'd be lucky to
get $75k to $90k currently, unless the car is "pristine" and in excellent
running condition...the fact he almost nevers drives is "NOT" a good thing.

My $0.02 worth...hope it helps.

You could also check the M1 message boards out there.

Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646
Lamndisville, PA