Emergency!! (sort of)

Might there be anyone in or around the Springfield, IL area who might be
able to help us out? I'm looking for a repair shop, and I'm in a hurry.
My wife drove our '91 318is there today, and all was well until a few
minutes ago, when it died. Some nice guy pushed it into a gas station,
where, after a few minutes rest, it started, then died again moments
later. Now, it will turn over just fine, but no start. I had them check
the few things that I knew they could check (her only companions are
car-illiterates)...the fuel pump fuse is good, but they do not hear the
hum when the key is turned. It's always been quiet, and they are at a
gas station on a busy street. I suspect a bad fuel pump (it's 10 years
and 100k miles old), but don't know for sure.
Now, the thought of leaving it there for any length of time gives me
shudders (it would you, too if you've been to Springfield), especially
since we live 180+ miles away in Indiana. It would cost >$200 to flatbed
it back here (it was $150 from Urbana when the water pump went).

If we have to, is there a reputable dealer or independent shop in the
area? I've located Isringhausen Imports in Springfield, but know nothing
of them. If we can't find a suitable shop by tomorrow afternoon, it gets
flatbedded back to Lafayette. :-(

I would greatly appreciate any leads or assistance.
TIA

She's not exactly stranded, as she has a couple of ways home, but what
worries me the most is some slack-jawed, booger-eatin' moron AAA tow
truck driver destroying the front fascia trying to hook the thing (it's
lowered). I told her to make sure they do it right.

Neil
'91 318is <-DOA in IL
'87 325is
'85 318i