E36 Transmission Question

Hi all,

Last week I purchased my first BMW so my knowledge is a bit limited at this
point. I now own a 1997 BMW 328i with M package with 50k miles. Whenever I'm
at a stand-still and I try to put the car into 1st gear, it's very difficult
to slide in the gear. However, if I'm moving 3-5 MPH it goes in 1st no
problem. There is no syncro/gear grinding whatsoever. If I put it in 2nd gear
first, then into 1st it goes in just fine. Do you guys think that this could
be a serious problem? I have no idea where to start looking and I can't afford
the $80+ /hour for the BMW dealer to find the problem (if any). Any advice /
suggestions would be tremendously appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Serge Maillet
1997 BMW 328i