broken E30 glovebox lock - how to get in?

Hello All,

I apparently have broken the locking cylinder of my '87 E30 glovebox. As
best I can figure, it was shut too hard, and since then doesn't release
the lock when the key is turned.

I've tried to finesse it open without luck - and it looks like the
securing screws for the box assembly are inside the box itself (unless
I'm blind and don't see the correct screws). Of course, all my important
info is inside.

Does anyone have a trick for getting into the box without having to
brute-force it open, and/or break the lock?
Regards,
Drew