Re: e36 m3 front control arms.. aluminum?

The stock E36 M3 arms are steel, but factory aluminum arms are
available. The control arms from the E30 M3 are exactly the same
dimensionally & bolt right up and they are made from aluminum. They are
several pounds lighter each. Not a big deal unless you really track the
car, but I used 'em on my E36 track car. In either case, both steel &
aluminum M3 arms have solid mounted ball joints instead of the rubber
isolated joints on all other 3's. This will definitely give you more
precise handling & turn in. Just a hair more road vibes too.

Roger Baker