e36 m3 front control arms.. aluminum?

hi
are the front lower control arms on the e36 alunimun or steel? is there a
difference between the two? any difference in handling? i have my 97 328i
in body shop.. car has a complete m3 suspension with eibachs and bilstein
sports, but should i have the control arms changed over to the m3 ones.
*they need to be replaced anyway)  will that screw with my alighnment?

just curious and confused
mike
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.