Re: bmw-digest V9 #1625

Manted: BMW Mechanic in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mechanic
for a '91 325i, located in Toronto, Ontario,
Canada(Bloor West or thereabouts - general downtown
area?)

- -honest, thorough, reasonable, etc...

doug_chomyn@domain.elided

- --- bmw-digest <owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided> wrote:

> [...]
> venitlation system at any
> rate, is that even when you turn off the air
> recirculation to bring in
> outside air, it still recirculates inside air.
>
> I do love my car and most things about it, but I
> also find it terribly
> annoying when the manufacturer takes simple control
> features out of the
> hands of the user.  These features are best suited
> for a Lexus or another
> posh useless car, not on a driver's car.  This is
> the reason I chose to
> purchase a BMW when I could no longer get a new Alfa
> Romeo in the states and
> I find it irritating that BMW has become more of a
> 'market car' than I
> expected(in more ways than just the ventilation
> system).
>
> But don't get me wrong.  I still love my car and the
> way it drives/handles.
> It is still the best car on the market today from a
> drivers perspective
> (under $70K at any rate!).
>

> Tim Annett
> Coldwell Banker West Shell
> Cincinnati
> Voicemail: 513-483-5725
> Email: tim6@domain.elided

> http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own
> public profile at
> http://profiles.msn.com.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:33:33 +0100
> From: "Brent Williams" <baw2@domain.elided>
> Subject: FS:  94 740i
>
> New tranny, diff replaced 10k ago.  Need to sell.
> Green, 83K miles, really
> nice car.  Best E32 you will find.
>
> Asking $22000.  It is definitely worth it.  4 litre
> V8 that really goes.
> Trip car, garaged, belongs to BMW fanatic.  You know
> the usual stuff.
>

> Brent
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:38:40 EST
> From: MTamanini@domain.elided
> Subject: 1991 525 Bra options
>
> I now drive 160 miles a day for work.  I do not like
> the Bra's that have the
> lip(Colgan?) on the hood.  I would like a form
> fitted one.  I want to stay
> away from as many rock dings as I can.  Any ideas???
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:59:33 +1300
> From: "Allan Williams" <allanw@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: E46 A/C turn-off
>
> My brand new Hyundai (company car) used to turn on
> the air con whenever you
> selected the windsheild defrost option... so I
> ripped the dash off and cut
> the two wires... it still turns off re-circ when you
> select the screen, but
> at least the air con stays off...
>
> So these shitty things aren't just confined to good
> cars, they even do it on
> the cheap shitty ones that I would have already
> returned for a refund if it
> were up to me :-)
>
> But don't worry - I cane the nuts off it every day

=== message truncated ===
http://experts.yahoo.com/