Choices...

Hi Group.  While searching for a low mileage 97-99 M3, I found an 1997 840Ci
with 36,000mi for around the same price range that I'm looking for.  I did
some searching on the internet to finds specs, but could only find info on
the 850.  Can anyone tell me the specs on the 840Ci?  0-60, 1/4 mile,
skidpad, braking, top speed, horsepower, torque, etc.  Are there any
problems I should look for in the 840?
Also which car would you recommend going with, the 840Ci or the M3.  I am
really more concerned about performance, but the 8-Series is extremely rare
where I live, so the difference might be justified.  How much of a
difference in performance is there?
Thanks in advance.

- -Scott