Engine replacement problems

i just replaced a blown engine on my 86 535i Euro with an engine rebuilt from
Bavarian Engine Exchange....nothing is wrong with the engine..in fact it's
running quite well....however, immediately after the engine replacement, i had
to bring the car back to the shop for a drivetrain replacement....it grinded
horribly as i drove it out of the garrage...AND, i had to return it a week
later for a "failed" clutch and master slave cylinder....since all these
components needed to be removed for the engine switch, i suspect faulty
workmanship..the net cost for these post-engine change repairs ran just over
$1000 (engine replacement ran $1200 labor)....

what d'yall think?  does this sound like a rip-off?

i'm thinking now i should have just replaced the head and taken my chances...