Oil Chronicles

I read an article that Castrol stopped putting Synthetic base in its Syntec
Motor Oil.  So now it uses the same standard mineral oil base as its regular
oils.  Mobil thinks that this makes syntec just a regular oil with fancy
additives, where Mobil1 is pure synthetic that is completely created in a
lab.  So, is the Syntec still good stuff?  Or is it now a really big ripoff?

I wonder about these things.  Too bad I am stuck with that cheap Mobil 1
Stuff.  (Insert sarcasm here)

Tell you a good story though.  I can get a case of Mobil 1 for about 3
dollars at selected target stores.

Heres how:  Go in, look for Mobil 1.  Find the oil section, it is sold by
the quart.  Get case.  Take case to front of store.  Smile and ring up oil.
It usually rings up as only one quart.  If not, then act really stupid and
complain.  This is probably theft, but I either I or the store clerk is too
stupid to tell.  Can anyone argue a reason not to use Mobil 1 now?

Brent