<E36> M3 Mirrors, Mountings and Motors

I came across replica M3 mirrors on Ebay and the guy sells them for
$140 retail. The catch is that they are not motorized. I came across
oem M3 mirrors without their base, also on Ebay they are from a two
door. My car is a 4 dr and I am thinking of this, I want to take the 4 dr
replicas and make them motorized using the 2 dr mirrors that do not have
a base. Is this at all  remotely feasible or I am out of my mind ? Also
what is the difference between 2dr and 4dr mirrors, is it the base ? or is
it the
mirror/mirror housing ? I found some M3 mirrors from a reseller in CA, this
ones were motorized but they were out of 4dr mirrors but I thought their
price was good at $300 a pair. I figured with an oem e-36 318i mirror going
for $254 each, I better look at upgrading my mirrors. Thanks for your
insights.

Mike Theuri
93 318i