U Joints problem?? please Help!

Hi all,

I have been a subscriber of the digest for a long time... I always read it
to get tips on my wife...
I own a 94 325is... its almost 7 years old and lately i have been modifying
it... new chip, 17"momo wheels, kn cone filter, stress bar, racing pedals,
and coming soon, headers/exhaust, brembo brakes...

Recently, under hard acceleration (in second gear 6000+ rpm), the whole
rear end shakes and rattles hard... I have noticed that this happens after
hard cornering.. I am wondering, is it the u joints..? something in the
differential??
I have a month left on my extended warranty, i need to take it in... do
you think it will be covered??

Bonus question, when i replace the headers and the exhaust, i am planning
on removing the catalic (spelling??) converter.... (no more emissions tests
in south florida), would i have to reprogram the chip?? i got it from
bavarian autosports... if so, would they do it for me??

thanks in advance...

Nicolas J Roman
GEOPAK Civil Design Software
E-mail:  nico@domain.elided