535is Won't Start

My '88 535is (e28) developed a very troubling no-start
problem this morning leaving me stranded (almost).
The  car turns over very quickly (spins and spins)
without any indication that there is any spark or
fuel. Just like when the code is set on the OBC. When
I removed the fuel line return fuel poured out, so no
spark?  I tried it again and it worked  - after
touching the fuses.  I'm not sure if I actually did
anything by turning the fuses around in their holders
or just nudged a bad relay, but it worked and the car
ran perfect all the way to work (50 miles).

During lunch I had the same problem.  This time I
tapped on the fuse box and it started.  Any guessed as
to what the likely problem is?

Thanks
Dean
http://photos.yahoo.com/