Help with thum under car?

Hey everybody my '85 e30 3 series is suffering from a series of thumping
under the car when I accelerate fairly hard in first and second.  Am I
correct in thinking my center support bearing is bad?  Another problem I
have is my door lock works only when it wants to.  By this I mean when I get
out of the car and put my key in to lock all the doors and the trunk
sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Is their something I can do so
it will work all the time?  Thanks for the help.   ben