Re: Anybody here supercharge/turbocharge a 528i?

> I turbo'd my 325 (now M3) and let me say that none of the kits are
> "right", especially for OBD2. Many of my friends have tried different
> makes/models of supercharger or turbocharger kits & they ALL have had
> problems (except maybe Dinan). I would NOT bother or recommend any of
> them unless you like spending endless amounts of money having running
> problems tuned out & maybe even destroying an engine.
>
>Roger

Talk about torpedoing a plan!  Better to do so now than to fire off a "I
told you so" when I'm begging for help solving problems.  There is a lot to
be said for 'stock' and while neither of us are sure what might not be
"right", I know what you mean.  And I'm a huge fan of "right".

I've read good things about the Dinan kit, but then again I read some things
about some other systems that made me kinda scratch my head.  One system
uses a blower but retains the stock chip (what the...?!!) and another used a
turbo but no intercooler.  Neither sounded like something I'd want to do to
a motor with the hope of having remain in tact.

I don't suppose Jim C. is still reading this list and has an opinion....?

Thanks for your 2 cents worth, Roger.  One thing I don't want is a
time/money pit.  Don't have an excess of either nor a desire to invest in an
undrivable car.

John Virnig
'97 328is
Looking for a '97-'99 528i 5-speed