Thank you

I first want to say thank you to all of the people who replied to my
message about my electrical problem in my 91 525i.  This was the problem
where the radio, wipers, windows, sun-roof, computer... all went out
when they felt like it and came back on with the same attitude.  I got
lots of replies about relays and fuses and tried most of them with no
success.  I was visiting a Bimmer dealer for my dad the other day and
asked the service manager what he thought.  He asked his lead mechanic
to call me at work, which he did that afternoon.  His first suggestion
was to check a junction box right in front of the right front shock
tower.  In that box there is an 80 amp fuse that will occasionally
crack.  This thing looked like no other fuse I ever saw.  Basically,
it's just a flat piece of soft metal with "80A" stamped on it.  Sure
enough, I unscrewed the connection on one side and voile(!), it was
indeed cracked.  I replaced it and everything is back to normal.  This
web-site has given me so much great information about other problems an
queries I have had in the past. Keep up the excellent work and thanks
again to those who replied.  By the way, the dealer was Zimbrick in
Madison, Wisconsin.