E30: Euro down pipes/resonator Install

Okay folks,

Thought some might find this helpful.  Last night I installed euro E30
down pipes to a euro E30 resonator, where the pipes out of it go just
past the rear sub-frame.

I had to cut of the hanger from the old exhaust and weld it onto the
pipes out of the resonator.  Now it hangs at the factory settings.

It sounds awesome.  I have a lightened flywheel and a JC chip, which
resulted in an un-smooth idle.  Removing the O2 sensor has put the
computer in a closed loop, I think it assumes 450 mV from the O2 sensor,
and the car runs smooth as hell now.  I did not smell any fumes at all
during startup from cold, hence my assumption is that the car is not
running too rice.

I can't wait for the track now :)

QUESTION:  Any recommendations on muffler vs. glass packs, etc.  This
car is not a daily driver.

CYa
- --
Sammy A. Haroon,  Taxila, Inc.,  770.234.9087
mailto:SAH@domain.elided
http://sah.home.mindspring.com/