seasonal clutch

Gentlemen
  Aside from the obvious nature of cold oil, cool, moist weather can add
"stiction" to clutch parts and have nothing to do with the hydraulics.
Remember also the pilot bearing in the rear of the crank controls
everything.
  To figure this out, I put my tranny in first/reverse for start-up.  If
the hydraulic is the problem, you'll feel the car move even with the clutch
all the way in.
  If you just get a momentary bump, but no real movement, it's not the
hydraulics because they don't change as the engine turns, but the
"stiction" between the flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate
breaks-loose.
 The condition of the spline on the tranny input shaft, and the layer of
"anti-seize" that should have been laid upon the spline so the disc could
float also come into play here.
  Don't get me wrong, the hydraulics do change with temp & moisture, that's
why we flush & bleed the brake fluid (also used for the clutch hydraulics)
at least once each year.

 Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY Seattle's exclusive BMW hobby
shop
Providing O.E.M. parts, Independent service & Instruction since 1964
 12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601