Help with Radio on '96 3-series

Just disposted of my 93 325is with 165xxx happy miles and purchased a
beautiful 96

I had a similar problem on my '97 328ic. The reason why the radio won't
receive FM stations is because the antenna solder is loose inside the unit.
I was lucky that I hade the problem while the car was still under warranty
so the dealer replaced the unit. Try taking it to a radio repair shop and
ask them if they could solder it back.  This is the price we pay for having
the units not assembled in Japan.

Bertan ERDI
'97 328ic