<E30> Fuse problems

<To E30 group; BMW-Digest>

OK, we have a Euro 91 325i SE 4dr, RHD if that matters.

A few days ago, the electric windows would work sometimes... then it blew
the 30A fuse, but the circuit breaker didn't pop up. It you tap the circuit
breaker it sometimes pops up though (Maybe the mechanism is faulty?) So we
replaced the fuse (with a 15 amp, and it worked fine, then brought another
30A) Now it's blown the 30A again, and the electric aerial doesn't go
either!?!?!

Now I'm sure the aerial has it's own fuse right? Coz it's blown too! So can
anybody shed a little light on where I should start?

I was thinking maybe the circuit breaker has failed, and is sometimes
causing a short, which has fed back thought the ignition to the aerial and
blown that too...

Maybe I'm thinking too deep and it's MUCH easier, but I would have expected
the circuit breaker to go before the fuse if it was a problem with a window
motor, or switch???

help! :-)

Allan
91 325i SE M/4