The cost of having a car in the States...

Hi list!

I'm currently considering going to the States to work for my company (Nokia
in San Diego).
I was wondering what the cost are of having a car e.g. insurance etc..

Going to the States would be a one in a lifetime opportunity to actually own
a M3, in Denmark the price tag on that one would be approx. 125000 US$,
which is a bit out of my league...

Also, is it possible to buy a european M3 with 321HP in the states ? And
what's the reason for the US M3 to be different from the european?

Thanks, and best regards (from rainy Denmark)
Thomas Petersen
'92 318isCoupe - Supercharged to 205HP (Paying the same as you guys are for
an M3 :-( )