Muffler Replacement

I have a 91 M3 that needs the muffler changed.
I've aquired the factory stock unit and slid under the car and.....
What are these clamps ???
Strange and kinda neat..... but how do I work with these?
I think I can get the old muffler off... but are there tricks to make it
easier ?
And once off, how the heck do you get the new one back in the clamps?
Are these crimped in place?  Do I have to buy new ones, and recrimp them?

Bought this garage queen for my wife (great angle) and she wants to drive
it.

91' M3 white - 50K mi
87' 535IS Graphite metalic
74' 2002 Tii Red - soon to be..... "M2"